Friday, August 15, 2008

~~~~PASS IT ON~~~~~

A few weeks ago Cindy from Just another Day in Paradise did a post where the first three visitors to her blog got a special gift. I was one of those SUPER LUCKY posters. So when I got home from work today....Crumpet had something for me!
He insists the mailman asked him to guard it until I came home.

I was jumpin around I was all excited.....so I grabbed a nearby pen and tore through the tape like a mad woman. And lo and behold look what treasures I FOUND!


There is this gorgeous little towel...very patriotic! There is this totally cool magnate that speaks the truth!!!!



A pack of pens with pictures of my BELOVED UTAH JAZZ... One even has a pic of Karl Malone!! I can't wait to use them!!!


And then there is this wonderful plaque. Cindy and I are of the same faith...and this plaque has a picture of one of our church's temples. It's all antiquey looking and is going to be sooooo perfect hanging right by my computer desk.



The really amazing part about this is that she chose gifts that are perfect for me. It's like she's known me my whole life...but in reality we've never even met. I'm so touched that she would take the time to consider what would be special and fit my personality. I don't know how she did it.....I'm wondering if she has spies in Massachusetts or can read minds! I will treasure these precious gifts always! Thank you Cindy from the bottom of my heart.


Now the rule is that by accepting her gift I have to do the same....in other words..."Pass it on". Which I think is such a cool idea.

So here is what happens....

I will send a little something to the first three people who leave a comment on this post. All I ask is that they do the same for the first three people to leave a comment on their blog and that they do a blog publishing the rules like I have done here. I'll touch base with the first three later to get their email addresses and mailing addresses to send their surprise. I just hope I can do as good a job as Cindy did in finding the perfect things. (Maybe I can borrow her mind reading ability for just a few days). This should be fun and I'm looking forward to it! The item can be one thing..........
a couple of small things.............
or whatever you'd like. Be creative and remember that it doesn't have to cost a lot of money, just send something that you'd like to receive if you were on the receiving end of it!! So here goes...I can't wait to get started!

28 comments:

Tracey said...

Ohhh, Goody!! I hope I am one of the first three :)

Michael said...

Second! :)

Kathy said...

Did you say three, oh that's me, I'll play. your little dogggie is so cute to guard your gift. I love your blog. Kathy.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Thanks for dropping in to say hello to Edward. Our first two dogs were chows and,like you, we adore the breed. So, when Edward found us, it was meant to be. He's got so many chow-chow parts!

Amd, he sends his best to Crumpet!

ko said...

ahhhhh..im to late! Thats ok! I am so happy you are so thrilled! I love getting surprises in the mail! Looks so fun..and crumpet is the perfect surprise gover!! SO CUTE

cherry said...

Ohhhh that is sooo fun to get something in the mail. Just like Christmas...your doggy is adorable. cherry

Joy said...

What fun surprises! How wonderful that she made it so personal to you.

Lisa (aka) French said...

No fair I was at work and they won't let be blog there (sigh) What fun to get a little gift so unexpectedly;) French

ko said...

can i just say again how cute crumpet is! you just want to eat him up!!!!!
have a great weekend!!!!!!
kyley

bj said...

I love all your goodies...ain't it so much fun, this blogging!!
hope your weekend is going great...

onlymehere said...

Nikki: I'm so glad that you liked the gifts bz my spies are everywhere! LOL!! Actually I just read your comments to me and looked your blog over to know what to send. I had told you that originally you were supposed to get fudge bz I knew you loved chocolate but had to settle for the other things! This totally got me in the shopping mode for Christmas. Yeah, everyone hates me bz I shop early and am done by Halloween! Have a fun weekend and give that cute doggie a treat, I forgot to send something for him!

onlymehere said...

Nikki: I'm so glad that you liked the gifts bz my spies are everywhere! LOL!! Actually I just read your comments to me and looked your blog over to know what to send. I had told you that originally you were supposed to get fudge bz I knew you loved chocolate but had to settle for the other things! This totally got me in the shopping mode for Christmas. Yeah, everyone hates me bz I shop early and am done by Halloween! Have a fun weekend and give that cute doggie a treat, I forgot to send something for him!

onlymehere said...

Oh good grief....sorry that posted twice!

joelandbecca said...

I squeeled in DELIGHT when I read your comment. Can I tell you I cried the day that Mitt withdrew (pathetic I know) and I was so angry with McCain and Huckabee for the West Virginia sabotage. I know they say-that's politics. (I really try not to get into politics on my blog-everyone is entitled to their own opinion-but glad to meet another Mitt fan) I love that story about your hopping around the nation! SO glad we are not the only ones! I served my mission in MA, so I totally am in love with that state. I studied Art History at the U of U and took a year of design classes at LDS Business college, so I was thrilled when I saw you are a kitchen designer. Oh my goodness, you are my new hero! SO glad you found me! thanks for your comment!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Congrats on your prize! I've won a few things in blogland & it's a lot of fun.

Thanks for telling me about The Photobucket special effects. I found it & it's so neat. I already had a bunch of pics in Photobucket, just didn't know about that feature. It's SO cool!

Rhoda

Anonymous said...

What great prizes, congrats on winning.

Have a great week-end,
Kathy :)

Kathy said...

Hi Nikki - I am so excited, I sent you my details.

Your gift from Cindy was so lovely.
Have a great weekend, Kathy.

Tracey said...

Nikki, Thanks so much!
I e-mailed my info to you and I am going to add the giveaway to my post this weekend :)

sweetfunkyvintage said...

What a great idea! How fun!
Missy

joelandbecca said...

I was reading your blog and your entry about Utah seriously made me cry! I loved it! I added you as one of my inspirational blogs. Hope that is ok!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Nikki...great blog you have here! I need to book mark it...looks like you have a lot of fans! :-) Thanks so much for those kind comments at Gollum's the other day...you almost made me cry. I so appreciate what you posted! Love to you, Susan

THE SANDY DOG BAKERY said...

Great prize! Congrats to you!!

Sweetie said...

Lucky you!!!! What a nice idea...Actually, I saw your blog mentioned elsewhere and I had to pay you a visit. I love your picture idea!
Sweetie

Laurie - Decorating Fanatic said...

Oh My Goodness! If it isn't Miss Nikki Crumpet!!! How are you!? I didn't know you had a blog?! Well, if I hadn't been in a cave for the last 8 weeks (my in-laws visit) I probably would have found you sooner. I love how the photos turned out of your beautiful home. Reminds me of the Candace Olsen shots at the end of the show, way cool! I am going to add you to my blog roll so I can come back and visit you really soon. Glad to have found you! ~ Laurie

nikkicrumpet said...

Susan: Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting...it warms my heart to see your sweet comments!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Ohhhhh what a nice package you got!! I just did a Pay It Forward and it was a lot of fun. Now I am just waiting to see who wins tomorrow night!

Marie said...

What great gifts!!! I like this "pass it on" idea!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on these wonderful gifts! I was one of Artie's first three, when he did this. He left a message for me to watch the mailbox. Can't wait to see what he sent and to participate!

Pat

 

Original design by Linda of RS Designs